Citizen Works Press
For more information, please email Theresa Amato, or call at (202) 265-6164.
Recent Press/Events Highlights
- Joe Sharkey, "The Value of Unused Tickets? Airlines Won't Say," NYT, April 22, 2014.
- Bob Sullivan, Say It Ain't So, Cheerios!, Coupon Fine Print Now Means You Surrender Your Rights, April 17, 2014.
- The Strip Mining of Legal Rights, Ralph Nader & Theresa Amato, Trial magazine, April 2014.
- How Boilerplate Contracts Strip Our Rights, Theresa Amato, The Nation, January 27, 2014.
- Wrap Contracts, the Online Scourge, Nancy S. Kim, Oxford University Press Blog, December 17, 2013.
- Consumer Law & Policy Blog, Theresa Amato: Wrap Contracts Are Like Asbestos, November 22, 2013.
- Wrap Contracts Symposium, Part VII: Theresa Amato, Contracts Law Prof Blog, November 22, 2013.
- "Those Wordy Contracts We All So Quickly Accept," Alina Tugend, the New York Times, July 12, 2013.
- Boilerplate Symposium II: Theresa Amato on Remedies to the Problems Posed by Boilerplate, Contracts Law Prof Blog, May 14, 2013.
- Small Print, Big Problem (Part I: Diagnosis and Part II: Remedies) by Rick Perlstein, The Nation, from the March 14, 2013 issue.
- "Corporate Kangaroo Courts Supplant Our Seventh Amendment Rights" by Jim Hightower, Creators.com, March 2013.
- "Corporate kangaroo courts have quietly usurped our constitutional right to trial by judge and jury," by Jim Hightower, Hightower Lowdown, March 2013,, Volume 14, No. 3.
- Senator wants plain language placed in consumer contracts, Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, May 7, 2012
- Control the Corporation Conference Videos, Nader, Amato, April 2, 2012
- Occupy DC Set to 'Control the Corporation' after 80 occupiers arrested, examiner.com, March 22, 2012
- If you're about to lose your home, maybe it's just time to occupy it, Nader & Amato, Chicago Tribune, February 2, 2012
- Hidden Traps, Fair Contracts, and Consumer Choice, co-sponsored with Loyola University Chicago School of Law, Institute for Consumer Antitrust Studies, January 27, 2012
- Wicked Smart and On Her Way Out, Amato, The Washington Post, July 18, 2011
- America, down but not out: A Nation of Fighters Responds, Bob Sullivan, MSNBC.com, Red Tape Chronicles, Amato profile, July 07, 2011
- What Can Be Done to Make the Fine Print in Standard Form Contracts Fair for Consumers, at ITT-Chicago Kent Law School, Friday, June 24, 2011
- Letters, Work for New Lawyers, Amato, The New York Times, January 22, 2011
You can see our older press articles in our archives section.